Youth Detention Facility (YDF) Volunteer Program
Do you have a special skill set or talent you would like to share in the area of arts and crafts, creative writing, cutting hair, physical education, life coaching skills, or maybe just a good listener? If so, this may be a great opportunity for you to play an integral part in the lives of YDF residents. Volunteers are a valuable resource and are utilized in various ways at the Youth Detention Facility. Programs include, but are not limited to: mentoring, tutoring, recreational activities, youth diversion/prevention programs, and chaplaincy.
To VOLUNTEER at YDF
- Complete on line application. Found Here
- Schedule and complete Live Scan fingerprinting
- Receive approval for Volunteer position from YDF
- Attend on site Orientation
Additional minimal qualifications:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid form of government identification with picture (i.e.: CA Driver's License, CA ID Card, United States Passport, etc.)
- Must test and show proof of negative Tuberculosis reading.
Due to COVID-19 California State Public Health Officer Order requires visitors of congregate facility settings, such as YDF, to provide proof of full vaccination.
For more information on being a Citizen Volunteer please call Supervising Probation Officer Maria Rivera at 916-874-1544 or email RiveraMa@saccounty.gov